Skip to main content

2019 in review and moving on to 2020. The further thoughts of Chairman Meow.

So, in terms of wargames and painting how did 2019 go for Mad Lemmey?

Not a bad year to be honest, lots to be excited about.
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Looking at Last Year's thoughts, what have I actually played?



 Why is that up there twice?
 A LOT of MeG! An awful lot of MeG, nearly 70 games... Why? Coz I really enjoy it.

So, apart from MeG, why does Carcassione and King of Tokyo feature so prominently? Simples, I play them with my wife and daughters, and they all count, right?

Last Days:Zombie Apocalypse came from out of the left field, and I've absolutely loved it, and even to the point of actually shelling out on terrain and a game mat, and the Blogs have been great fun to write..

Sabresquadron took a hit as Nick has been rather busy with a new job, and I've got North and South Koreans to try out.

Warband also, as I've been MeGging...
Armada and X-Wing have been rather sidelined too, but really want to do more..

Gaming itself has taken a hit since September, as my beloved eldest daughter has taken up archery, and in winter that happens on Thursday nights, which is my usual game night, so I'm now fishing round for games on different nights at different clubs and friends houses. Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseee.

So, what is lined up in my future gaming?
X-Wing on Thursday, only ever played 4 games before, and I am so looking forwards to getting these out again.
That might be my only Thursday for a long while...
MeG Weekends on the way:
 Burton: Ancients, Derventio: Ancients, Warfare: Eastern Themed, Skull Rollers: Open Competition, Campaign: Team event with three periods (Viking Age, Medieval France and Africa), Warfare: Bronze Ages
Other stuff, no idea, but isn't that the best way to be?

Painting, 2875 figures (with 100 on the table to finish basing), so a bit down on last year, but still an impressive total.



Why a relative drop in numbers? The biggest project was our redesigned (f)utility room and painting that. Mostly I have rediscovered 28mm via Last Days:Apocalypse and been rather enjoying them, plus Roger's huge and detailed Cathars, rebasing takes time,but I loved them all; plus May and November were very slow months, a slight drop in mojo and very detailed FPW commission, but nothing to worry about.

What have I done this year? Well, look at the painting posts, that's why I originally set up this thing, this painting blog, go on, dare ya!
My current obsession: Hausa
Meerkats for Hammy
FPW
Korean War North Koreans
Mortal Gods
Zombies
Nakatomi Plaza
Ray's stuff
ECW Cavalry for Jerry
1:3000 WW2 Warships
Samurai for Pete
Cathars for Roger
28mm Terrain
A few Wooden Spoons 
Top up on my Later Romans
Mitanni
Chad's LOA
1864 Winter Prussians
18th Division, IX Corps Prussians
Timecast Terrain
Invasion Earth
Cruel Seas
Cannanites and Syrians for Graham
Warband Dragonmen
Rebased and added shield transfers to Ray's Russians
Hasslefree Survivors
Militia Miniatures Mercanaries
Libyans for Graham
French Farmhouse
WoTR Hobbits
Swiss for Graham
Police for Dave
Buildings for Nobby
Flags of War Jacobites
A black dragon
Timecast and Pendraken moderns
Early Medieval Scots 
Hittites for Graham
Frostgrave wandering monsters

 Enough? Maybe...
Let's see what 2020 brings! Looking forwards to it.

Comments

  1. Well Will an impressive array of games played and I can't comprehend how you find the time to paint so many figures! At least you've had a really good year and had fun, which is the most important thing. All the best for 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very productive year on both gaming and painting fronts. Your output is amazing and support over at Pendraken forum unstinting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25