Skip to main content

15mm Cathars for Roger

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
Hopefully not, I spent ages on these!
Roger contacted me and asked me to paint southern French MeG army. He then dropped that they would be the Albigensian Crusade (otherwise known as the Cather Crusade), and then I started to research, this is a lot of fun! 
For those of us who love a conspiracy theory, you might remember this screamer!

Roger has sent me some shots of the army fully based up.
They look gorgeous!

Knights, sergents and generals Back rank Foix with Catalonia, Front rank Beziers, Toulouse and Comminges






The foot contingents




The full force, 10 TuGs and 1 SuG, there are also two units of peasants that are amazing that Roger painted previously.





Batch 5, the knights and generals are all done, which finishes the army.

Enjoy, as I've enjoyed painting them.

The whole batch, the deserter at the top I managed to break the ankles of the horse at the last second, so spent today repairing, pinning and modelling new ankles.

'Eavy metal ready to charge!

Not too bad a job on the ankles. 


Can you see where he deserted from?

 Rear view

Next set



Another wave


Oops, I have edged that flag since I took this...

Nice

Comminges and Beziers command

Like these, tw end princesses inspired by Bill & Ted's most chaste princesses (dude).

 Count of Toulouse and Foix.

Next project will be mounted, but different!

Batch 4, remaining Sergeants, Jinettes and a few more knights

Jinettes, hired from the close ally of the Cathars, the King of Aragon, all shields are based on Spanish cities and towns in the area of Aragon so, back rank, L:R Jaca, Ainsa, Benasque, Calaceite, Zaragosa, Aragon, Front line L:R Teruel Huesca, Jaca, Zaragosa, Aragon, and Calaceite



Knights (Foix, Toulouse, Comminges and Beziers)



Bezier Sergeants

It was at this point I started to notice the colour bleed on the standards.

Foix


 Comminges


Toulouse

After I noticed the bleed!

 The latest batch from above

Face on batch


Batch three, first set of Sergeants and a few knights.

Okay, added flags, much better.
Beziers

Foix


Comminges


Toulouse


Knights


 Think they need flags

Formed up

Side view, knights closets

Toulouse sergeants


Beziers sergeants with a comrade from Montsegure and Minerve

Shields in detail.

Foix




Comminges with Astrac


Knights of the four main houses.




Second batch is done, crossbowmen, one unit is Toulouse based, the other is a mercanary unit

The whole batch


Top view, as most wargamers will get to see them I guess!

Toulouse/Foix in 'house colours', with a few others added.

Genoese,
partly inspired by this image of Genoese Crossbowmen:
Close as I'll get to Genoes:

Anyway, the biggest batch are foot sergents, so after a look at Roger's army list and then a google of notable characters involved in the actions, here are the first three TuGs:


Foix with Montsegure and Minerve


Toulouse, with a little help from Astarac, Beziers Bearn, and Alberet 



Comminges with Beziers, Montsegure, Termes and Tencevel 


The whole gang before the flagging.

Then I decided they needed flags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain.  I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them   Here comes the couragous WWI fighter ace in his Sopwith Camel. Hunting The Red Baron on the Dawn Patrol. Bit bigger than 25mm scale, but he will provide top cover for my Kindred WWI stuff. Yes, you have seen the flight stand before on my epic stuff. He's going so fast, the camera can't focus! "Curse you Red Baron!"   Two more Highlanders from the 80s, thanks to Brian up the road. Armed with two bottles or a sword, who is harder? More plaid Well hard! Top view   A chaos warrior It was free, and I've given it to a mate who runs a chaos armym=, hence th elack of basing as he will do it to his own style. Big chopp...