Skip to main content

Flags of War 28mm Jacobites

Hi all,
Backed this kickstarter year before last, and now the figures are here, I'm now working out why I wanted to paint tarten again!
All flags and figures by Iain at Flags of War, and awesome they are too.

Fifteen days since the last update, the muse must have struck!

Bagot's Hussars (a single pack and an officer, they are a tiny unit in Black Powder), artillery and Colonel Anne MacKintosh that completes the Jacobite forces, will move onto Government forces at some point (it's ony taken 10 years to get this far).


She's definitely in the wrong place!


Move them


Definitely the last line of defense, if this lot end up fighting it's game over!


We'll just watch you do your thing.

Wow! Two years since I've updated these.
Three units of 28mm Jacobite Highlanders done!
Lord Lovat's Regiment


Not happy!


Aggressive


Get 'em lads!




MacDonnell of Glengarry Regiment


Charge!


It's like they heard someone put sugar on their porridge!


Back view

Clan Chittan


Was their Irn Bru warm or something?


Off we go!


Top view


The whole batch in column


New unit of Lowlanders added, slowly working may way through the backlog!



The iron was hot, so I carried on, this time with Royal Ecossaires and command figures.


1st Battalion





2nd Battlion (historically they didn't have the uniform, but hey, I had spare figures).



Personalities, an officer with claymore, MacDonald of Clanranald, John Roy Stuart



HRH James Edward Stuart - Bonnie Prince Charly!


Jamie Fraser, The Red Fox

Tartan detail

The batch now

What with the current isolation, and after 13 months, I came back to this little lot.
Four units of Highlanders. This was, to be honest, something I was dreading, especially the tartan. Thankfully, Iain left a useful painting guide on his Kickstarter, and once I got underway, it was game on! 

These have four bases to a unit, as larger units and ferocious charges too.
McPherson and Atholl.

All three units (McPherson, Atholl and MacDonald of Clanranald)


Rear view in an attempt to show the tartan, but the light was against me.


Rear view of  MacDonald of Clanranald Regiment

And a front view. Close up.

Four Lowlanders and three highlanders done, they will be joined by two Battlions of Royal Ecosse and some characters next, and after the present unplesentness, it will be joined by one more Lowlander and two more Highlanders.

So, based to fit with a friend down the club (not how I would do them, but life is a compromise) to play Black Powder, the first three units of Lowlanders (these may expand to four soon) are done. The Lowlanders will be smaller units, as they will deploy in line and platoon fire, as opposed to highland charges!
Updated the Lowlanders with 9 more figures that gives me four units. I also discovered I have enough trooper figures for another unit, so another update soon!
Three new stands


And with their units.


The original batch.

On the way to Derby, or on the return?
Under a Jacobite Rose 





 The Manchester Regiment



 Third Regiment, they will get colours one year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25