Skip to main content

Ray's Rebased Figures, 15mm MeG units.

33 bases of Khurasan New Kingdom Egyptians (Panzer division?) built and based for my friend this week.


The CinC hits a speed bump!
 
A rebase of a rebase of Ray's Polish cavalry.

Panercii

 

Light horse


 

Latest units for Ray, 16 Macedonian pike bases rebased (again, I take no credit for the painitng).
 Appear to be Essex...




Two more sets of units done for Ray, all in an Ancient Greek theme.

120 Spartans (Ray probably has the other 180 at home)

Lots of spears

Regular red cloaks! 

30 bases of other hoplites




 
Big Batch done, which finishes the two boxes I was given to work on in November (next box still to do)

Tartar light horse (with a couple of medium cavalry thrown in)

I ended up playing with the shadows today.


Sassanid Light horse

Four stands of billmen



21 nstands of dismounted knight (why 21)!




Found 4 more stands of Saxons and a general that I repainted and rebased for Ray



And 4 stands of Huns got the treatment too! :D I'm unlikey to ever need them again!




5 generals



And they all fit EXACTLY into an A4 box!!!


The knight on the previous post was lonely, so here are 18 more bases to keep them company! Again, I can claim no glory for the painting, only the rebasing!


A few close ups of units.



Heavy metal man!

7 more bases done.
Why 7, because there were 6 pikes, and I had enough putty left to do one more, so knight it was!


 Been a busy time on the rebasing.  8-} :-B Moving into more medieval themed stuff now.

 25 bases of archers


14 bases of crossbows


4 skirmishers


Plus 9 bases of my old Saxon's I've 'donated' as I'm not using them, repainted and rebased


And three dark aged skirmishers I missed


 More bases done, but my camera is in a sulk! Hence the blurs, honest!
Grr, blurs...


Better

Betterer

Not 3 bad!


Finally, tufts have arrived, so got more of Ray's lovely figures rebased. I can take no credit for the original painting, just rebasing.

Yeah, I was waiting quite a while for tufts... 



Two heavier cavalry

Foots



And Ray had enough spare Poles to make another unit!


More of Rays bits done. Mostly light foot and cavalry - painting is not mine, only the basing!
Light foot



Light horse



Another batch done, more Poles (again, I claim no credit for the painting, only the bases)





 A general, generally...

 Heavy cavalry



Next batch of Ray's rebasing (please note, I claim no credit for any of the lovely painting on the figures).

Desert bases first.

Jannisaries


Warriors and camel riders


Heavy cavalry, archers and lancers


Generals


Light horse, suspect they should be eastern, whoops!


Marsh bases
Starting with peasantry.

 A (blurry) overhead shot to show the puddles!

Crossbows



Eastern types on plains bases.
Early Poles (Alasdair, are they yours?)




Mixed (flexible) units of heavies and light hunnic/slavic/cossack skirmisher types.
 Moving so fast they blurred.


Extras for Ray. Essex 15mm Mounted crossbows


 Couple of extras



Ray asked me to rebase a few figures...
I said yes.
The few arrived...
Now, a few in Shropshire, the land I grew up in, is more than a couple, less than half a dozen...
Technically correct if we are counting in hundreds, this was a big job, but great fun.
Ray asked for a swampy or marsh based feel to his troop, so I decided to try something a step on from my usual basing technique. 
I sculpted milliput  craters, which when dried, filled with Vallejo Still Water for the puddles. I've had this for yonks and never really used it, so Muddy puddles it was. 
This took a day,  as each base got a hand sculpted, which I then painted, and added water effect, which also takes 24 hours to dry. 
This was before the usual sand/pva mixtures, ink wash, paint dry brush, highlight, edged, sealed with more pva/water, flocked, shrubs and tufts then added. Each of these stages combined takes ages (pva needs a good 24 hours to dry by itself), I was worried I was going to get them done in time. They arrived on the 15th, went home in the post today.

They arrive.

Soaking the old bases off. It was washed before next pizza was cooked.

Midway through process of mounting onto mdf bases. I had to replace a few spears.

There was rather a lot of them. The big base is a camp for my 10mm Sassanids.


Milliputt mid sculpt, with a few Olmecs in the background.

Sculpted with sand and pva.

Bases inked, painted, edged, and highlighted.

Flock applied.

Ray will do his own flags. The result is 64 bases and 2 generals. 8 TuGs in MeG speak.

Generals and a few bases.

The other half.

Got a bit close here, but gives you the effect.

A much better shot.

Very satisfied with these, hope Ray is too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25