Skip to main content

Pray for the prey, predators are predating

More Skræling/commanche warriors for either Saga or Xenos Rampant - these are for me!
The whole batch
 
 
Eight warriors


Go lads!


Charge!


Attack!


Top view


Archers


Twang


Not wearing much!


Hunting or hunted?


Top view

Skraelings from Footsore Miniatures.

Twelve archers, eight warriors, another hero and five totems. That gives me a three point Skraelings warband at the moment, or three Xenos Rampant primative infantry units and a general.
Warriors


Shield patterns are based around surviving Commanche shields so they blend in with my other batch.


Good looking guys!


Hope no-one minds me mixing cultures, byut the Commanche have an awful lot more research than the Thule people/Skraelings!


Advance!


Not heaily armoured, but hit and run specialists


Levy archers, less well equiped sorts.


Lots of animation in them.


Top view


Fun figures to paint


War chief


Bossy bossy!


Already looming over  the rest of his tribe!


Totems - five different sorts, each one has a different effect in Saga, but they look cool too. I went as natural as I could for these, although the tempation was to go primary colours, it did not feel right without more research into Thule colour usage.


Couger, beaer, elk, bear, eagle


Side on


Back and sides
 

My main Xmas present, arrived in two parts, the first part a series of 3-d prints via Etsy. Figures from 'Prey'



The second part arrived today and will hit the painting table tomorrow.
Yautja vs Commanche.
One of my all time favourite movies is Predator and more especially Predator II (which I snuck out of home to watch to while I was recuperating from flu in 1990, aged 15 to watch an 18, but enough of that), I was not perticularlly impressed by further sequels, but the Prey came out and I REALLY enjoyed it.

I looked and looked for Naru, the hero of the film, until I came across this warband on Etsy, and ordered it.

Naru, just perfect sculpt, and lovely to paint.


Full of detail


Even her tomahawk on a rope


That's a faceoff and a half


The Yautja, not the full feral Yautja, and not the techno predators of the earlier films, but close.


It's a great sculpt/print


Good blades Mupitsl


Hunting the Commanche hunters, featuring Taabe, Wasape, Huupi, and Paaka, who will no doubt be used as Primative Infantry in Xenos Rampant and Skraelings for Saga or in Black Powder as local tribes or...


Great poses


The cloak was a lot of fun


I know who I'm backing here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...