Skip to main content

MeG - Senguko Samurai vs Rajput Indians with Tibetan Allies

Yup, did not see that combination coming, did you?
Neither did I!
Pete was using the Indians that he had painted for his late friend Mike many years ago, and decided to take a Tibetian ally! It must have been an interesting crossing of the Himalaya as he chose to fight in desert!
My Samurai were my default list, that I will, no doubt, be taking to Rollcall.

Pete's Irn Bru to the left flanking my Wine Gums as the army comes out the box... My Samurai anchor on a village with an ambush waiting.

Pete's army is a thing of beauty. Tibetans right, with Indian cavalry outside, and many light troops left. Nellies take the hill.

Pete advances around my flank, average spears vs charging lancer with FANATIC! Hold on, fanatic, that's Nigel's trick!

My elite cavalry, after a brief shooting match, charge his unprotected bows. This will be the second unit they attempt to munch, after losing half their number to bow fire. (0-2).

Fanatics charge, yup, my flank is in tatters!

We played this wrong, Pete took shots on the way in, but as a revealed target he should not have. Superior, melee expert, protected cav, vs unprotected bows. What could go wrong?
(Everything!)

I managed to get the cinc in range, and turn a base to fight (talented, but only one coloured card, not helpful Fluffy)!

 Turn and face! Fightfightfight...

As I chewed lumps out of the unbreakable unit, Pete had enough cards to send his other lancers round the flank.

That should not have happened!! (2-4)

Oh, he's after the camp, not much I can do about this.

Archery duel starts, I soon break off as this was suicidal.

Elephants contact my superior spears, two units of Tibetan catafracts contact the average spears.  Powerbow armed Samurai snipe the other elephants, but that did not work either.

In the distance, my spears suffer vs the Tibetans while the grind goes on.

The elephants break, but the cataphracts don't care (you roll one higher on a kill a base when an elephant dies)! (4-4) Pete's beaten up archers (1/2 a stand from breaking) sneak off to safety in the background.

STILL cannot kill them... Grind grind...

It takes two charges and a melee phase for Pete to smash my camp. (4-6, and I break on 5 lost units)

I pick up a unit of light horse from KaB tests as one unit runs away through another after being charged by my archers, due to passing through. However, his unit of melee expert foot snaffle my archers up with a flank charge (5-8).
 Pete's catafracts then break my Ashugaru spears and seals my armie's fate (5-15).

Cracking game, I should not have lost my second cavalry to closing fire and should have munched the second unit of archers (oh well, I'll know that one next time) and I just could not kill his fanatics quickly enough (or the accompanying general who went down twice but did not die). Really nasty force Pete has spotted here, and he has more nastiness up his sleeves for both megalomaniacs and Rollcall. A man to watch no doubt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...