Skip to main content

MeG - Senguko Samurai vs Rajput Indians with Tibetan Allies

Yup, did not see that combination coming, did you?
Neither did I!
Pete was using the Indians that he had painted for his late friend Mike many years ago, and decided to take a Tibetian ally! It must have been an interesting crossing of the Himalaya as he chose to fight in desert!
My Samurai were my default list, that I will, no doubt, be taking to Rollcall.

Pete's Irn Bru to the left flanking my Wine Gums as the army comes out the box... My Samurai anchor on a village with an ambush waiting.

Pete's army is a thing of beauty. Tibetans right, with Indian cavalry outside, and many light troops left. Nellies take the hill.

Pete advances around my flank, average spears vs charging lancer with FANATIC! Hold on, fanatic, that's Nigel's trick!

My elite cavalry, after a brief shooting match, charge his unprotected bows. This will be the second unit they attempt to munch, after losing half their number to bow fire. (0-2).

Fanatics charge, yup, my flank is in tatters!

We played this wrong, Pete took shots on the way in, but as a revealed target he should not have. Superior, melee expert, protected cav, vs unprotected bows. What could go wrong?
(Everything!)

I managed to get the cinc in range, and turn a base to fight (talented, but only one coloured card, not helpful Fluffy)!

 Turn and face! Fightfightfight...

As I chewed lumps out of the unbreakable unit, Pete had enough cards to send his other lancers round the flank.

That should not have happened!! (2-4)

Oh, he's after the camp, not much I can do about this.

Archery duel starts, I soon break off as this was suicidal.

Elephants contact my superior spears, two units of Tibetan catafracts contact the average spears.  Powerbow armed Samurai snipe the other elephants, but that did not work either.

In the distance, my spears suffer vs the Tibetans while the grind goes on.

The elephants break, but the cataphracts don't care (you roll one higher on a kill a base when an elephant dies)! (4-4) Pete's beaten up archers (1/2 a stand from breaking) sneak off to safety in the background.

STILL cannot kill them... Grind grind...

It takes two charges and a melee phase for Pete to smash my camp. (4-6, and I break on 5 lost units)

I pick up a unit of light horse from KaB tests as one unit runs away through another after being charged by my archers, due to passing through. However, his unit of melee expert foot snaffle my archers up with a flank charge (5-8).
 Pete's catafracts then break my Ashugaru spears and seals my armie's fate (5-15).

Cracking game, I should not have lost my second cavalry to closing fire and should have munched the second unit of archers (oh well, I'll know that one next time) and I just could not kill his fanatics quickly enough (or the accompanying general who went down twice but did not die). Really nasty force Pete has spotted here, and he has more nastiness up his sleeves for both megalomaniacs and Rollcall. A man to watch no doubt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25