Skip to main content

Warhammer 40000 Sisters of Battle build and paint project

I have not played 40k since the mid 00's, but a couple of months ago I really enjoyed a game of Combat Patrol (40k light with fixed forces). It would have been easy to go Nids (which I have played in campaigns) or Marines, or revert to Tau or Grey Knights, my two previous forces, but I decided to try something different. Very different. Which has been tempting me for a while and always fascinated me as a design concept.
Sisters of Battle or Adeptus Soritas. Nuns with guns. Utter loony loyalists with religous fervour, armour, guns, iconography and fanatical devotion to The Pope The Emperor!
So, over the next (insert indeterminate) period of time, I will be building, painting and posting about the Adeptus Soritas Combat Patrol.
Starting unit - Th'Arcoflagelents. Sorry, arcoflagelents, but from the North - "Lots of Planets have a North!"
Research 6/10, Build 2/10, Paint 6/10,  Fun 7/10
Various heratics, criminals and others who are subjected to punishment by mind alteration, limb removal and then made charge the enemy and whip them to death. One of them only forgot to renew their library book!


The rest of the time they are mentally force fed fluffy pacifying imagery to sedate them.


Not a hard paint job, but a right pain to build! Lots of fiddly bits that dropped off at random moments and unclear attachment points for limbs etc. Honestly, I can see why so many people give up on them. A lot of the parts did not need to be there, like the faces as seperate pieces. At one point, I dropped them and spent a day trying to work out which arm went where (at least one has two left arms).


I decided to sculpt all the bases as flagged or cobbled, as most games seem to be an ruined urban environment. Even 38000 years into the future, the Empire is still plauged by dodgy pavers!


Definitely mad ideas for figures, very animated poses though.


Storage is going to be interesting too, going to be lots of tangled whips, and I have no idea whether they will fit the figure foam I bought for them.


Sisters next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...