Skip to main content

Kindred, WW1 Weird War - replacing a lost force for Xenos Rampant.

 Many years ago, I owned the original Kindred prototypes, but at somepoint I lost/traded/forgot. The only thing I could find was their tank, well, that's getting used! Recently, you may have seen my Sci-Fi crew, and looking through the catalogue of CP Models I found they were holding the Kindred. An order later and my Kindred are back! Love them.  


Sixteen figures, two anti-tank rocketeers with panzerschrecks, three Lewis gunners, an officer and ten soldiers, enough for three undersized squads, will upgrade squad size soon.


Top view, 15mm bases, figures are close on 20mm. Yes, I kept the bases muddy and added wire, to go for the WW1 aesthetic.


Bare footed, but with putties...


Packs packed and ready, most likey for Xenos Ramapant soon. Even the officer has a Lee Enfield.


Might see how they do vs the club soon. Light or elite infantry?


Something they did not have before was a HMG, that's now sorted.


How many rounds a minute! Support weapons are cool.


Dakkadakkadakka


There was even something caught on the wire, adds nicely to the effect.

Comments

  1. The amount of mud is exactly right. The wire was a great idea, it definitely completes the signature look you were going for here 👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Really random. Converted GW 1990s halfling on a Ral Patha sheep - a ram raider! There are quite a few more of these to do, but this one fell off the lead pile while I was looking for something else. He will become part of a Dragoon Rampant units I suspect Back view Charge!   From Brian's collection. No idea, on the base it says Grenadier 1984. It's about 32mm tall. A bit WWE, a bit Borat!   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD

6mm Pony Wars commission for a friend.

Friend asked me to do his Pony Wars kit now that Baccus have taken it over.  Painted quite a lot of dismounted native foot too! Top view Singles Why is there a Squeeze song going through my head. Sneaking up on the cavalry Back view Heading out Pairs The Indians send signals from the rocks above the pass The cowboys take position in the bushes and the grass The squaw is with the corporal, she is tied against the tree She doesn't mind the language, it's the beating she don't need Threes She lets loose all the horses when the corporal is asleep And he wakes to find the fire's dead and arrows in his hats Or something like that Here we go Sixes Top view Left view Snipping or sniping 8s Lefts Backs Right Missed two bases of US cavalry Going that way Ready to go Scouting This is going to end badly for the cavalry   [img]https://i.imgur.com/k1iK9pV.jpg[/img] Mounted US troopers for Keith. The pairs Top view Off they go. Player

Legion Imperialis 8mm - Civitas ruins boxed set.

Terrain box (Civitas ruins) painted up Honestly took me longer to build it than it did to paint! But there may be a reason for that Someone needs a word with their structural surveyor! I mean, the build quality here is awful. At least the marines will have somewhere to hide It's about an A3 of ruined stuff It's been trashed Comes with a lot of scatter  The rest of the club was doing it, so I had to do it!  Looking through the various Legions from the Horus Herasy, I decided... Nope. Don't like them. Stick to what you know. 'Stick 'Em In The Eye - It's the Emperor's Pointy Sticks' So, seven years after I painted the 'Emperor's Pointy Sticks' in 6mm, GW have released Legion Imperialis in 8mm. Marine booster pack painted up, group photos! Mixed bag About 100 extra points on table!  "Did I miss the photoshoot?" *FACEPALM* These are the ones I've be