Skip to main content

Two Burrows & Badgers games: Freeferrets vs Brocktown Militia

The Freeferrets sat at the bar enjoying many well-earned drinks, each stoat, weasel and ferret had wry smiles on their snouts as they thought about the day's gains.
"You know, my head, it feels much clearer now," Sir Dereck grinned even though his face remained scarred, "finally, I remember all."
"About time too!" Smalls and Matilda chinked their glasses together in celebration, "it was rather worrying us."
"It was nice of that new gang to set up camp in the middle of town," Teddy nuttered from his pint, "we got right round them so quickly."
"There were three of them..." Neddy shook his head as if remembering a horrific incident, "Three..."
Eddy groaned, looking somewhat bruised, "Maybe we should have scouted them out to see what type of gang they were?"
Matlida dug him in the ribs, "Yes, three badgers was a bit of a shock!"
"Three FULLY-ARMOURED badgers, that's insanely tough!" Eddy complained.
"Well, I wasn't the one to wake them up with crossbow bolts!" Sir Derek laughed.


"Three slightly annoyed, insanely tough badgers, with no fighting equipment tough!" Smalls twiddled his whiskers and looked at the other stoasts (weasels and ferrets, but he thought of them as brother stoats), all this was good humoured, but a couple of dormice further down the bar were looking at them suspiciously.


Sir Dereck groaned comically too "Three mildly annoyed badgers who were tumbling over themselves grabbing their kit, so I charged in on their leader, attempting the decent thing of taking him down."
"How did that work out for you?" Neddy asked with a grin.
"Badly," Sir Dereck groaned, "one of them grabbed their polearm and floored me in one swipe," Sir Dereck rubbed his head where a new scar on his temple stood out, "you chaps replace my armour with cardboard while I was under the weather or something?"
"A charging, extra-strong badger with a two-handed weapon, that was utterly unpleasent!" Ron the Weasel looked up from his beer, as a new member to the gang, but an old hand at this sort of work, he knew that he should drink his pint slowly and guard his tongue until fully intergrated into the gang.
"

"Glad to have some shooting company now though," Neddy grinned, raising his drink to the new-comer, "It kept their heads down a bit."
"Even if you two could not hit a barn door together." Eddy chuckled, dodging the back-pawed swipe of his brother.
"Question Teddy, what spell do you keep casting on us? One minute I'm fine, the next I see red?" Smalls asked the hooded brother, who was looking nervously at his sword
"Oh, no, be quiet you infernal blade... No, not you Smalls, my sword is grumbling on again."
"Wantssss more, soooo tasty!"
"Shhhh..."
Matilda looked at Smalls, "Thought you were being brave taking on all three badgers by yourself."
"I had no choice, I just had to attack."


Eddy took a long, considered draught from his beer, "You say that, but the nutter with the spear went after me next," the stoat shook his head, "glad we are all so fearless."
"Strange, the rage crept over me too," Teddy added, "I normally just hang back, but seeing Sir Derek down, I knew I had to do something." He twiddled his stemmed glass.


"Yeah bro," the mage laughed, "it made all the difference, you pulled that badger archer straight down."


Smalls looked at the stoat mage with an arched brow, "Notice you were in there pretty quickly too "
Eddy rubbed his newly healed arms, "Wouldn't know, I was seeing stars at that point, know how feel now Sir Dereck!"
"Sooooo taaaasssssstt, brunt like a fine pinotage, with earthy undertones, deep, satisfying, weeee wannnnttts moooore!"
"You heard that, right?" The mage looked round the group.
Rob looked at his new comrades, puzzled. "Heard what?"
"Our brother says his sword talks to him." Eddy laughed.
"It does," the mage pleaded The gang all laughed, but Ron has seen that blade flicker black and red as it had been plunged into the badger captain, it was .. odd
 

The last badger of the Brockton Militia shuffled off quickly after that." Smalls raised a toast.


"Brother freeferrets! A victory won."
All stood, toasting their success
Sir Derek looked at the grinning gang. "Boys, with Ron's delivery payment coming back we were already comfortable for many days, but I cannot believe as soon as we and the Brockton Militia healed up, they were on us again."
Eddy shrugged, "Must have been something they really wanted?"
"Revenge?" Teddy laughed.


Neddy waves a paw at his drink, "Hardly time for our beer to get cold and they were back."
."And our benefactor wanted his lost items located, which we knew would pay well " Sir Dereck pronounced.


"Got some more looooooovely baaaaadgeeer blood. Soo fulfilling, so moreish!"
"Quiet!" The mage hissed. "Glad we took their captain down first. Wander what he was up to trying to get across the village so quickly."
Matilda, quiet for so long, looked at him and grinned, "Probably trying to deliver like our Ron."


"We got their archer too, very happy to see that, good teamwork chaps " Sir Basil reached under the table, pulling out a round bottle, " Plum brandy to celebrate?"

 

Eddy looked at the others, "Since I got taken down again, any chance of some decent armour?"
The others looked in their purses, and the stack of coins grew considerably. "Ron?".
"Yes?"
"Got any more former colleagues who want to join us?" Matilda winked
The weasel looked longingly at his drink. "There's a couple I can think of, maybe I'll have to pop home and see  them."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25