Skip to main content

10mm Mortem et Gloriam Early Scots vs Anglo-Danish with over 2000 10mm figures!

Yes, you did read that right!

2000+ 10mm figures, oer 1000 on the Scots and easily more than that on the Anglo-Danish side! Mine are Pendraken, David's are 3d printed. Yes, the future is here folks...
Using my same list from Cross and Crescent, David wanted to get his army on table, and who was I to disagree.
That's a bit impressive, and that's only his front line as I out scouted him by 40%!


The two armies fiully deployed. I think I see the Anglo-Danish battle plan here big long wall, with troops to plug the gaps. Nasty! I position my cavalry to go round to the left where my Norman mercanaries can take on their counterparts.

David swings a unit to counter my two cavalry. That's an awful lot of figures about to impact! Mine is more ragedy as I did not have the cards with my mediocre commander to get everyone doubled forwards. Charge? No, I held my line from the left to that arrow as I had integral shooters, and am better receiving than charging.

Average, short spear, integral shooters, vs superior, short spear! Woooohhhooo! The hits just pour in. Pink counters denote who has fought. There is a unit of 12 poor combat shy short spears to the right on David's side, already a death and a half down, after my Viking ally with surperior 2hCC and integral shooters gets stuck in, interesting choice! Sideways bases are to show units with integral shooters.

 
Bang! And the Huscarls are through! Straight into the second, slightly better, line, buying off wounds as they go. This was a real stand up and hack fight!

Close up to show the mass, it really does look like an early-medieval fight.

Battered but unbowed, a unit of avaerage Scots spears, teamed up with superior spears, follow the Viking's example and break through, the Anglo-Danish front line is now severly fragmented.

The Vikings elite expand, this way they can cause even more damage to enemy poor troops.

An even fight as both sides have average shieldwall armed short spear troops here, but David is supported by a superior unit, which are slowly grinding down my Viking Hirdmen.

On the right, his superior melee expert theigns are REALLY hurting my superior short spear armed Theigns, losing two bases to his one. Oh the joys of nobility! The hole is caused by me blowing up another poor and combat shy unit to their left.

David tried to withdraw his Norman mercanaries from my Scots mounted warriors (he was up), but I catch him in the back as he turned 180 and moved instead of falling back! Ouchies!

Another Anglo-Danish front line unit collapses, the Scots are doing well (better than vs any Cresecent opponents I feel). Quality is not making up for quantity here, and I suspect David will rejig his list quite a lot after this.

My Scotty theigns canna take any more Captain! They break.Their vassels and tennants look on, unimpressed!

With another Anglo-Danish foot unit running, the hard outer shell is definitely breached.

And on the right, Scots warriors crash into a second line unit, tearing lumps out of them too.

The Viking huscarls dispose of another unit, They have lost one base and killed 21. There will be sagas written about this day (and maybe even a nice embroidery).

In fact another Anglo-Danish unit collapses under the mass of ravening Scots, the line is shattered and the Scots eye up the longboats that make up the Anglo-Dane's camp.

Even with one break,the Scots are confidently pressing on.

With the collapse of David's cavalry it's all over. Scots 15-2 Anglo-Danes. The Anglo-Danes are a great army and I love how David's looked, Bit of fettling and it will be amazing.


Comments

  1. Many “battles” of that period probably had about the same number of men as you had figures, so it really does look as one imagines a scrap of that period.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

6mm Pony Wars commission for a friend.

Friend asked me to do his Pony Wars kit now that Baccus have taken it over. Started off with the two bags of Native mounted figures. Over 200 of them! 72 in the first three bases of 24s. Top view, had fun posing one stand at least The rules suggest bases of up to 50! I went for breakable multiples such as 24. Back view Not the crisp view I was after, but you get the idea. 40 in five lots of 8s Allowing for flexibility. Scoot 48 in fours Top view Threes, ten bases making another thirty. Moving quickly. Top down Twos, twelve of - standard size of US troopers, useful as small change for locals! From above Back view Damn, missed one! And one broke off his base, so he's Hollywood loss (insert Wilheim scream here). Top view 33 ones (two were joined together and counted in the twos. Cantabrian anyone? Spinning maelstrom of Souix! Almost a whole A4 of riders.