Skip to main content

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun (18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them)
This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car). 
So, back to the 1300s version.
1315 to be exact.

A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags.
Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement.
More Scots spears and the generals


Another 25 bases of spears (249 figures, and 8 general types)


A unit


Back base doing a wheelie!


Back view, lots of beige from the yeomanry


Mixed unit of Bruce, Douglas and all the spares


Scots much!


Heather added too


This unit is mostly highland & islands figures


Are they hedgehogs, tortoises or..?


Get 'em lads!


Amazing how much variety you can have with two figures


Generals


Lots together!


Bonus points if you can name them!


Do like the poses here


I also went back and added heather to all the other bases.

First three units or 35 bases or 350 figures.


There's another couple of hundred figures to add


Top view


Shields are mostly hand painted with a few VVVV transfers


My view


Its a LOT of spears!
 
Medieval spears ordered from Leon are are now waiting to go, in the meantime, the worst wargaming sin, painting the general before the army!

Mounted version, wonder where Footsore got the idea for this pose from!


Hopefully our Scottish members will forgive my poor free-hand heraldry on him. Think I might go back and black outline the lions and reins


Do like him




Dismounted The Bruce.


28mm foot version from Footsore, loved the animation, and he will make a suitable 'Legandary general' with 10mm troops I feel!  Evil


Watch that axe, it's sharp!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...