Skip to main content

Mortem et Gloriam Saitic Egyptians vs Mycenians - a rematch!

A few weeks back, Mark trounced my Saitics with his Greek horde, and it was time for a rematch. This time I got to defend and I also won the scouting by 50%! 
 

The terrain fell into dense mountains, with secure woods on the left flank, and other woods joined them, but the trees didn't (I left them at home)! I managed to get a hill on my base line, my 'rocky ground' (or ruins) and my Timecast village on too.

Forces arrayed, Maerk has a centre of long spears, I have long spears on the right and Egyptian spears in the centre, chariots left and centre, but I was not happy with them there! Note Mark has based all his figures with ery pale sand, like an Aegean beach!

So I swung them right to counter Mark's chariot squadrons as they swung that way. In teh centre spears are about to clash with spears. On the left my cavalry and poor skirmishers are left to pin back Mark's javelin armed warriors and chariots.

Spears clash en echelon, and although Mark 6 units attacking my 6, his are smaller (6s vs 8s) and do not have shove. His fully armoured chariots close on my superior four of Blue Squadron. I caught and killed two units of his skirmishers here (2-0)

On the charge I kill a base, and wound his general on the right. Above them,  Mark's flank charge of red and a green on my beaten up spears, and he rolled two S!

Shortly after a series of catastrophic KaBs rips through my line as one unit of spears breaking shatters another and a unit of chariots, while my remaining Mercanary spear units breaks through the line and hits the unit that just broke my spears! (4-6)

Moments later, it was all over. Mark shot my skirmishing horse away, but I collapsed his centre spears and a chariot, but my right-hand Egyptian spears in the centre and Mark's Mycenian spears mutually collapsed, sending me over my breakpoint (10-15, but I had actually score 12, anything over 10 does not count).  

Really close game, much closer than before, and brilliant! I ALMOST got Mark. His is a great force. I had almost neutralised the chariot threat, but my bigger, better, spears just did not cut the mustard.
I'll get him, eventually! ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...