Skip to main content

10mm Great Northern War Swedish forces for a friend.

Last two Swedish cavalry units, generic units to use up the figures.


Charge!


Top view


Side view


Off we jolly well go!


It's like the Grand National!


Get 'em!
 
 
Penultimate batch of Swedes done for Lee.

HRH reviews the colours


"You there, with the flag, no not you..."


It is one flag for each of Lee's infantry units


"Back! Back! I tell you!"


Like the bosses sleeves


High command


Which way we going?


Going that way!


One way to use up flags!


Inevitable top shot


Gun line


Ready guns


Had fun with the limbers


Bring horse artillery, they are ready to go


That's a lot of firepower


Getting Gettysburg vibes here
 
Seven more units done for Lee's collection, taking him to 12.
Some of these even travelled to Switzerland to be worked on!
I do apologise about the lack of diaeresis over some of the letters.

Starting with two more infantry units.
Narke Varmland




I've since sorted the bottom of that flag


Off they go


Dal, being berated by a Narke Varmland officer.


And I've straightened that pike!


Ready for action


Quite an impressive bunch


Brigaded together


Top view


You thought that was a decent amount of figures and units?
100 Swedish cavalry


Sources say the Swedes rode with their knees behind each other, so you get a tightly packed wedge.


Vasterbotten




Sodra Skanska




It's a good line


Player's eye view


Even works in two lines, just!


Ostgota


Twenty figures per unit over four bases gives quite the impression of BIG units. I love 10mm!


Charge? You had to ask?


Abo Och Bjorneborgs


Big boys
 
 
Forgot the Leivregementet Til Hast, gaurds cavalry regt!   :o




 First off, five tricorned infantry units, all based for ReG, MeG's renaissance spin-off for Lee.

Sodermanland


Mixing Pendraken mk I and mkII flags, thanks Leon for sorting those


Top view


Back view


Told you they were Sodermanland! I labelled all the bases as although the units are ROUGHLY similar, they all have subtle differences (hat piping, leg colours, etc)


Kronoberg


Top view, grenadiers are from the Pendraken Marlburian ranges


"What do you mean about face?"


Fresh off the blocks today, Upplanders


Eight loose shot, ten close pike for the visual effects.


I like the effect here


I'm not sure all units had grenadiers attached, certainly some were consolidated to assault parties. Lee decided he wanted them intergrated into units, so I enjoyed trying to find their mitre details, Uppland is one I definitely found and is correct.


The line fires.


Player's eye view


Skaraborg


I really love their flags, very eye catching (mk 2, type II)


Again, as Lee sees them


Livgardet Tu Fot (oneof the world's longest active units)


Firing line detail


Pikes detail


How did that get there! Since removed


All five units


That's an A5 container filled already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25