Skip to main content

Soldiers of Napoleon Austrians vs French in 10mm.

Phil and I met up for a game of Soldiers of Napoleon, all in glorious Pendraken 10mm.

I was using my Austrians, Phil has bought a clubmates 10mm French, which are beautiful, and unbeaten.
I have rebased my Austrian infantry and guns, but realised that I REALLY need to do my cavalry too!
Deployments - I put two brigades of infantry out left and right, massing my guns in the middle. I screened with my light cavalry brigade, which were eyeing up Phil's right-hand infantry which was approaching in assault columns. The French large battery would spend its time battering my artillery so Scarlet was picking up points for these.


It was a good idea, two hussars and cheveleux le guere supported by guns looking at targets. Jellybeans are hit markers btw.


The hussars assualt took the guns, but the cheveleux le guere bounced off the infantry next door!


Phil's reserve Hussar brigade arrived turn one, and proceeded to rip my hussars apart!


There used to be a unit here! 
Then his artillery took apart my cheveleux le guere apart too! My other Hussars had assulted a shaken French column, but Phil rallied them off, while his hussars chased mine off. Many points were being lost here on rallying!

 
Phil advanced, I tried to assualt the column, but shook and failed.


A second unit did get a charge in and broke these! But it was too little, too late, my reserve Cuirassier brigade had failed to show up.  
Phil was 7VP up at this point when we called it, and it was doubtful I would catch him up. A good game, a hard game and a good challange. Scarlet's dice were on fire, especially with the artillery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frostgrave Warband; a demon!

A demon Hard man - back armour Top down   An orc, been sitting in the pile of shame for a while. He's on a 30x30mm base Probably end up with my gobbos   Four more skeletons, a gift from my lovely neighbour Brian. Two Prinz August self molded skeletons and two games workshop skeletons. Back view Quite a mix of weaponry Charge   Antediluvian Miniatures recently produced these, and I just had to have them! Left - Right Heinrich Kemmler, Lord Krell, Ranlac the Black and Mikeal Jacsen! The four main characters based on the illustrations within 'The Terror of The Lichemaster warhammer 2nd edition mini-campaign. PDF here They are the main antagonsits of the campaign, and genuinely nasty pieces of work! I moved the arm pose on Krell to give him some depth For c£20 they are lot bigger, and a damn sight more affordabl...

Black Powder 1870 Stats and Modifications

1870 Franco-Prussian Conflict in Black Powder Hi all, If you are reading this, it's because. like us, you are Black Powder fans and want to know how we manage the Franco-Prussian War. Anything below is by no way official, just the house rules we have developed over the last few years of playing. A few thoughts first: Fighting in the period is best described as hard fought assaults by Prussians, supported by superior artillery against superior but very strong defensive French lines. All ranges and movements are in cm scale, just to be awkward! All my forces are modelled on 3” square bases, apart from divisional commanders, skirmishers and artillery which have a frontage of 1½” and Corp commanders who are on a 2” base. Feel free to ignore that. My units are regiments of infantry,   brigades of cavalry and skirmish squadrons of cav. Artillery is either battalion as one gun, or a battery of two guns on a base, horse artillery have limbers attached. Army composition...

Xenos Rampant: Kindred vs Tau, Mission Juliet

"Right chips! Mission is jolly simple, get in, snatch the objectives, get out." "Sir?" "Yes Sergent?" ""What objectives?" 'Well, lads, the Colonel has quite taken by the local antique furniture, he wants a set for his holiday home!" "Ohhh. Siiiiiiiiiiir!" I brought my Kindred, but forgot Snoopy , who would have been really useful for this scenario. Mort suggested we played 27 points. I brought that, I hope he did too. My infantry was upgraded to Heavy Infantry, two with anti-tank, one without, all with heavy weapons, Fray Bentos the Tank was back, as well as the Vickers HMG team. Mort brought his Tau, two large units of heavy infantry with heavy weapons. a unit of drones - lesser Xenos upgraded for shooting, and a walker/tank. One of the objectives Nice table A chair sitting proud in ruins. Two more bits sat on hills waiting for new owners.   The Vickers heavy weapons team heads into the squeltch to give fire support,...