Skip to main content

1809 Austrian Napoleonics in 10mm - extra units for 'Soldiers of Napoleon' or 'Glorie de Guerre'

Lockdown conversation with Matt - are we going to playtest the new MeG inspired Napoleonics? Yeah, why not!

I thought on this, Matt is doing the Confederation of The Rhine in 10mm, what did I fancy? I already have a MASSIVE 1815 Anglo-Dutch, and an all conquering 1806 Prussians (seriously, one of the worst armies ever), so what to choose? French and Prussian means more Dark Blue, and I need a break from Dark Blue, so I had a look at the Pendraken catalogue, and well...
 
Fresh Austrian units, 6th Blankenstein Hussars.


CHARGE!


WIth the other Hussars and Chevauxlegers, it takes my light cavalry division up to three units.


Soon to be in action (I hope).


To be split up into detachments, Grenz


These might grow into a full unit too.


Skirmish line


Austrian skirmishers to be attached to line units, hence the different cuffs.


Hopefully hold back the French for a while?


Austrian line fillers, to bulk my units up to the equivalent of five base widths for Soldiers of Napoleon, which appears to be my club standard width.


Just to show how much one mounted officer can bulk the unit out.


Almost three ranks


Back view, now I just need to do three more Austrian units and three Hungarian units, need to order two more packs... LEEEEOOON!


Here they are en situ so you can see how they work.
 
Missed an Austrian officer, so he's been brevit promoted to Brigade command!


And here he is running away!

 
Austrian Cuirassiers by the brigade.
Not Pendraken, suspect 10mm Old Glory by the horse/saddle combination. Still, you can't look a gift Cuirassier in the mouth. Thank you Neil.


Top view


Waiting round to do something


Off we go


Nope, false alarm, everyone back!


Couple of commanders, one for everyday, one for my light cavalry brigade


Oi, you

 
Division of FML Waber, 1809
18th, 21st and 28th Foot, ready to get beaten by Neil tonight as I trail 'Soldiers of Napoleon' that LB have been playing for a while.


Yes, I know Weber appears to be wearing a Hungarian Shako, but Bicorns never suited him!


~I also know the 28th are missing a colour, the figure will be in my next order!


Column of march, or march attack?


From the rear (if you look really carefully, can you spot the deserter?)


A second Chevelegeurex unit


I did edge all the flags, honest!





More artillery because...


BOOM!


Four hungarian skirmishers which have been sitting round annoying me for yonks!


I know its an Austrian drummer...

 
Not Austrians, not Pendraken, but 10mm Chasseurs a Chevel gifted to me by a friend and rebased.






In black and white!



 

This FINALLY finishes (apart from the limbers) Hohenlohe Division for 1809, best start on the other one in the corps soon!
One of the smallest unit in the Corps, Carneville Freikorps Cavalry








FML Hohenlohe (I can NEVER get good photos of Austrian generals).








Artillery batteries, one 4lber, one 12lber






More Austrian 1809 artillery




FML Orsini-Rosenberg, Austrian army 1809




Carrnoville Freikorps Infantry








A few more units, inspired by the Pendraken painting competition.
3rd Hussars




13th Grenz






Landwehr






Artillery






Divisional commander


And now, for the Austrian army... Austrains!

IR44 Bellegarde (Italian) IR46 Chasteler (German) which finishes Division FML Hohenloe








IR3 Erzherzog Karl (German) from the Advanced Guard Division






Advancing


Top view of all three


Thanks again to Michael for the inspiration and facts.
Massively inspired by Michael and his amazing 1809 blog, here are my Hungarian contingent of my Austrians.
Starting with elements (mostly) from VI Corps

2nd




33rd




39th




Skirmishers are a marker really.


Consolidated Grenadiers


Rear view


6th Chevauleger


Charge


The most evocative artillery of the Napoleonic wars, the yellow gun carriage of the Austrians


Boom!


The batch, minus the general, think he is camera shy!




GM Reinheld






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25