Skip to main content

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all,
As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain.
I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.
 
Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer


One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty).


"Creedo!"


I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere).


This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached.

Sometimes, you just need a serious demon prince!
 
 
Footsore Miniatures MacBeth


Is this a dagger?


You know the rest!


Beshadowed king
  
One of my Xmas presents from my youngest, Reaper Bones Sophie the Trollslayer, I just liked the idea of heavy armour on a succubus, because, why not!


Dip dyed hair too.


Wings were fun to do


Certain smugness about her.


Twinned with a light 'come and have a go if you think you are hard enough' air!
 
Now for something REALLY random!
Penguin with SMG


No, no idea either, but I knew I had to have it!


Not the world's most interesting back view I will admit!


But I LOVE the character of it!
 
Gift for a friend. Pictish archer via Oathsworn Miniatures


Best thing in a rather dodgy movie!


And he's been busy, not even sure he plays Saga, but would make a good Pictish Warband leader!
 
From Bad Squiddo's last Kickstarter
Vampire Lady, her husband and a few pets


You weren't expecting Guinea Pigs were you?


Even flying ones!


They may become Transylvanian advisors for Xenos Rampant Soviets!
   
Mithril Miniatures Goldberry
https://mithril.ie/miniatures/archived-miniatures/archive-m54-lotr-goldberry-metal-miniature/
Again, from Brian's collection. I know Tolkien describes her as clad in green, but Brian had started her in blue, so blue it is.


It's actually a beautiful sculpt, not usually a fan of Mithril Miniatures sculpts, but this one is fabulous.


She's looking really good.


Just so much detail on the dress folds
 
 
Four 1980s Dwarfs, maybe adventurers, maybe warriors, three from GW, one is possibly Asgard or Grenadier. One on the right has been converted by my neighbour Brian and comes from his gifted collection, the rest have been languishing in my lead pile for many years.


Useful blokes on a fight no doubt!


Armed with whatever comes to hand I guess


Chap on the right really is a good conversion.
 
 
[img]https://i.imgur.com/4gGw6YB.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/4gGw6YB.jpg[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/4gGw6YB.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/4gGw6YB.jpg[/img] 
Feral orc chieftain


Big boy


Big and nasty
 
I have no idea what to use this for, but it's a fun sculpt!


Probably a bad guy


I mean, what is he trying to prove?


Abilities? Strength? Flight? Self belief? Poser?

 
A freebie from Alternative Armies, fits into either my 1745 or Pikeman's Lamment projects.
And a tree that someone left at a competition that needed a base.


As I was doing tarten, I thought, why not?


She's a bonnies lass!


Her hair does look impressive

 
Ordered some paints from Foundry at Xmas, and this appeared with the order.
Scrooge!


No idea what I would use him for


Q What do misers do on a cold day?
A Sit round a candle


Q What do misers do on a REALLY cold day?
A Light it!
 
Another random Goblin, a very random flying Green Goblin in 28mm


On a rocket-powered board!


Vrooom


With dynamite

 
One of the holy grails of 90s Wargamers , Sharke from Alternative Armies, (the other being the original Heinrich Kemler, but he sells for £125 on ebay) recently found they sold him seperately, as I was looking for other bits, he popped up and I thought, well, why not?


"Sgt 'Arpurr.."


Where's his eagle?



When I paint fantasy mages, I like to keep it Loki.


"Mewling quim!"


Note the second dagger.


Footsore viking warrior


I did get rid of the flock, honest


Honest!
 
Woohoo


Painted for Halloween, never mind, sure one will get used for zombie hunting!


Ghostly fox


Back


Where are you?

 
Space orc heavy weapon gunner


Couldn't work out a colour scheme, it kind of happened...


Dakkadakka

 
TROLL!






Not a big one, but still will hurt
Random...
A WW2 fox in 28mm








A sci-fi fox in 28mm






and a mage in 28mm




Not the best jobs I'e ever done (the lighting was bad today as I had all the curtains drawn to keep the heat out) but they are out the lead mountain!
 
Next up, an item that fell off the SE face of the lead pile, a 28mm Viking via Hobby Box, basically a palate cleanser between 10mm batches.




 
Okay, who is up for something REALLY random!

Crimson Skies autogyro


Apparently they are awful in the game


Pink and green dazzle camo was... NOT MY FAULT! Blame Hammy!


Even has room for a passenger/gunner?


Vought Raven on approach


It just needs a billionare playboy/superhero to pilot it!


Shiny!


It's like the Liberator, which way does it go?
Yes, it's a pusher plane!


Many guns
 
28mm Count Brass and Olodahn the archer,  Tartar giant by Eureka models for my Provancal/Karmarge forces.


Swinging hard


Olodahn is a giant btw!


Is Count Brass compensating for something?

 
Duke Dorian Hawkmoon von Koln and Jehri a Cornel (with Whiskers the winged cat) from the 80s!


Did the labelling and shields in the 80s too, could not face repainting them!


Aspects of the Eternal Champion (one from 1986, one from 1988).


A winged, erm... something!


I'm sure it will get used as a god/demon/bad guy/alien in something...


The white boots are very very disco


I am sure the back assembly has a meaning, no idea what though!
Twin crossbows, wonder about the accuracy.
Not lead, but it's done.


A 28mm assasin?


Or squidwrangler?
 
Samurai cat and dog from Bad Squiddo

He has Bowie's eyes.

Maybe he should give them back...






 
 
my youngest, fairly said I had not painted her a figure yet.
True.
What did she want, "A panda!"

Slight head scratch later, and Hasslefree ordercome in.
It's tiny, but it's a panda!









 
 
Bought this sometime before 2010.
Then lost one arm,
Then lost the Scythe that had come detached.
Gave up.
Sat in a box...
Eventually (last weekend), I was looking for something else in many other boxes, and found all the bits, one by one, so...
My two/one favourite Discworld character.
DEATH (and the DEATH OF RATS)


SQUEAK

 
DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.


What would humans be without love?
RARE answered Death.


I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES, I ONLY TURN UP ONCE


'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
IT'S A SWORD, said the Hogfather. THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.
'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
IT'S EDUCATIONAL.
'What if she cuts herself?'
THAT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT LESSON.

Been a while in this thread, but...
You know when you need a specific piece of terrain?

In this case, a jump gate for Billion Suns, as I have loads to ships, but all come with their own hyperdrives.
So, there I was helping my youngest daughter to assemble her robot-table-vacuum-cleaner-thing she got for her birthday, when we found we had a sprue frame of transparent day-glo green left over.
Plus a bit of flash from a Forge World resin casting.
A pin, a base, a bit of dayglo green paint and an 'ACME' sign:- One jump gate!
The flash from the Forgeworld tag, with a bit of milliputt, made a perfect counterweight/powercell for the gate.
 
 
POSH? Port Out Starboard Home!



Cheap, cheerful, and very very bright green! No way you can miss this in deep space!


This month's random offering...
I ordered some weapons from Alternative Armies for 28mm conversion work, and this came attached as a freebie.
No idea why someone sculpted a figure being attacked by chemeleons, but you know...

So, here is Sir Kenneth the Permanantly Surprised. A reclining 28mm knight with beasties!








 

Ellien 'Elf' Foxworthy from Schlock Mercanary at the point where she was using prosthetic legs.
It's a long story... 20 years long to be fair, but one of my all-time favourite webcomics! Agin, the figure has been sitting there waiting to be painted for a good 8 years.





This time my offering is two Essex miniatures (I know they are Essex as they say Essex under their bases) - guess they are 15mm giants/minotaurs? Anyway, they are painted now.


 


Sometime in the mid to late 90s, my friend Dean left his box of 15mm SDD and QRF Americans at my Mum's house. I still have them, and up until 2015 used them regularly (rebasing them for Flames of War). I haven't seen Dean since the mid-00s, but he always said that as long as the army was getting used, he was fine with that (same goes for my US, Soviet and British Cold War fleets he had, I think I got the better end of the deal TBH). AFter I fell out of loe with Flames in 2016, they have been sitting there, gathering dust..

But 5+ years later, I decided that I had had enough of this figure's blister appearing at the top of the lead mountain when I was looking for more important things, and it was time to get it painted at last.


L4 Grasshopper AOP. Used to be utterly cheesy in Flames of War, but since I don't play any more, it was fun to do.


I did have transfers, but not the blue backed stars and bars, so I had to freehand the background, bars and invasion stripes, so I decided it might be easier to freehanded the lot, and it fits in better with the hand painted ethos that the brilliantly painted 30 year old infantry and armour that the rest of the army has.


I actually quite enjoyed it, but no idea if, or when, I will ever use it.


The most important thing is I keep adding to Dean's army, so that if he ever does want it back, it will be bigger, and hopefully be in a better state than when I 'borrowed' it.


Underside, which no one gets to see.


Just a silly shot


I miss using the army, must find another rules set for it...

Comments

  1. Who would have a Samurai cat and dog? Of course, you would! Nice job Will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ghostly fox for the winnnnnnnnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. sci-fi fox for the winnnnnnnnnnnn toooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ww2 fox for the win alsoooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mason, Imi was laughing at this, and so am I!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15mm By The Fire and Sword Transylvanians commission.

Principality of Transylvania ( those ones , not those ones , get your mind out the gutter). Batch 4:- Ten more bases of Transylvanians (so thirty figures) for Manny, this time Comitatus or heavy household troops. Heavy lancers. A lot more colourful than the light horse. As ever, Manny will do his own basing and add flags later. Lots of cloaks Quite a sizable force Batch 3: 30 extra Transylvanian light horse for Manny Not as bright as others, but these are lower order troops. Advance Lots of hairy cavalry As ever, Manny will base these himself. That way lads! Player's eye view At the trot The force, so far (there's still have a bag of blisters to do) Batch 2: As ever, Manny will add the flags and his own basing at his leisure. 12 bases of household levy lancers (36 figures, not sure how many units that equates to) for the 15mm Transylvanians. Only realised whe

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25