Skip to main content

Mortal Gods

Footsore recently released this rather fun game, based around 28mm skirmish fighting in ancient Greece. Tried it at Campaign, then got a set for my birthday from Manny and Rob at Boards and Swords.

Temple Captain of Hera - an interesting character and a good sculpt.


Peacock feather on the shield is a nice touch


She's a useful character to have around.


Hard fighter too.

Ladies and gentlemen,
To entertain you this New Years Day evening, we are proud to present...
JASON AND THE ARGONAUGHTS!


Turns out Jason is a Liverpool fan!


They're very powerrful in the game, hope to use them soon!


But have been sitting waiting to be painted for years.


Charge


Atalanta, who is quite crucuial in the legend .


Priestesss of Artemis


Hair picked up some interesting highlights


Twang!

Keith's Greek heroic warriors


Heavies for his mercanary force


No capes dharling!




Objectives


These came out really well.






Heroic archer


And the rest of him were blurred :(




Persian Heroic types








Persian 28mm Plastics, by Wargames Atlantic, basing to be added later by Keith

Archers






In the sunshine




Pavaisers/Immortals


Top view


Security in depth


Back view


Command types






Crescent shield types




Top view


Off we jolly well go!


A Roman Hero




A Carthaginian Hero


Been a while since I added any of my own to my collection!

These were ordered BEFORE Mark used his on me, but I only started painting on Tuesday and they were ready for the table on Wednesday!

Archers




70s hairstyles?




Inevitable top view

Turns out Keith also has the rules and wanted his painting too! 

Light hoplites for Keith




Back view


Top view


Peltasts






Top view


Two extra (moving too fast)




Slingers






That could hurt!

Heavy hoplites done for Keith.






Rear view




Heroes




Heroes running away




The whole batch


Top view

 

In the lull after New Year, I started Keith's Athenians.

Veteran with a hoplite group.


Light Hoplites
 

Nice bunch

Side view
 

Rear view 

Heavy hoplites (some more willing to fight than others?)
 

Top view
 

Detail left
 

Detail right - he went that-a-way!
 

Side view
 

Athenian heroes
 

Like these figures a lot
 

The whole group


Quite like the way these came out.

 

Again. started with the heavyweights of the Ancient Greek world and painted up the Spartan starter set.

The whole band looking as tough as their reputation, but slightly better dressed!


Light Hoplites


Side view


Heavy Hoplites, with their veteran in their front rank.


A scary bunch!


There is a nice sense of movement about these figures.


Heros of the lochos.


Come back with your shields or on it...


"He went thataway!"


Heavies to the front, lights at the back.


Meonas the Harvester to the fore. Quite impressed with this batch.
 

Athenians next...

Picked up these two from Annie at Bad Squiddo games, Thea an Amazon hero, and her fairy friend scouting on guinea pig, because, well why not!







Turns out Ray also has Mortal Gods! He asked me to paint his stuff, who was I to deny him?


Slingers, Peltasts and light hopilites done, which finished Ray's Mortal Gods bits (just in time for Keith's order to arrive)

Light hoplites (shield transfers by Little Big Man & Victrix)




Slingers




Peltasts




A musician, called Jeff




A spare base...








Ray's Heavy Hoplites and heroes from the core set, plus a Medium Promachos because I like the figure, I bought it twice and this one is now Ray's.

The heavies, 4 bases of.


With their veteran at the fore.


As the core set is meant to b etwo faction, here are two sets of commanders, including the Polymachos.




Quite a meaty batch, veteran front and centre!


Now Ray's Athenians are done too. Light hoplites




Heay hoplites, the sun was casting some rather amazing shadows.




Adronikos, the Defender of Athens




The whole Lochos







Well, starting out with an army box, and knowing Ray's love of all things Spartan, I had to go with the feared heavywights of the Greek world.

The whole lochos.


Light spartans with their veteran.


I went for a much more uniformed appearence than mine.


The heavies, with their veteran and their leader, Meonas the Harvester


Meonas the Harvester to the fore


Quite like this lot, Athenians next, both mine and Ray's.


My Thespian hero, Polykratos of Thespis, Descended from Heroes - a Thespian Lochagos who will be one of my commanders. I painted him as a grizzled eteran, not really caring about his appearance, but whether he is dealing with the enemies. With him are two trophions.





Second batch which finished off my core box. Now onto Ray's three boxes!

Slingers, a base for each force.




Peltasts with hand painted shields (which you can probably tell)






Light spears (with one heavy to round out the batch who has featured previously)






The eigth




Characters, some assembled from spare parts, others are Footsore metal and beautiful!


Converted musician and a Lochagos (faction 2-i-C)


Medium Locagos


His armour was a fortuotous mistake!


Adrastos, Captain of the Lochos, I wanted his shield to look battle damaged as a veteran.




Veteran archer (think sniper)




Another self assembled Promachos. Leader of a force, maybe, as I have someone else on the way...


Been a while since I've assembled any plastics, but once I knew what I was doing, it went quite quickly.

First 15 Heavy hopilites for 'Mortal Gods', a rather fun skirmish game set in Greece.
You'll be seeing a lot more of these, I've got my own and a friend's commission to do.




How most wargamers see their armies...


Quite enjoyed these!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25