Skip to main content

MeG Biblical Warfare Warm Up, Mitanni vs - err - no idea.

My glorious chariot based Mitanni took on, erm... not quite sure, it had an awful lot of shooty cavalry!
Paul and I met up at Leighton Buzzard Wargames Club for a MeG practise before Warfare. I was using my Mitanni (in glorious 10mm from Magistar Militum) against Paul's 15mm (CENSORED).

The table, and deployment, BIG lump of cavalry-friendly-chariot-hating-magic terrain, just where I don't need it!
Drat!
My infantry was heading into it, or the wood, not sure yet. The rest of my army is wheeled, so wanted to avoid that stuff like the plague! Both armies are quite shooty, in fact VERY shooty! But Biblical armies nearly all are.

Easiest way to do that is swing right, and fast! My foot pivoted right too, in the vain hope of pinning some hose lords. This made Paul think hard, as he was not expecting this level of aggression. (The Curly Wurly twirlies proved to be exceptional).

Paul sensibly dives into the terrain, while backing off his right flank when realising that that's a solid wall of skilled shooters. I took a wound from shooting there.

 Things got a little fast moving here, and Paul slammed into my superior chariots and one of my small averages. I lost a 4 of average chariots, but at the same time, I took and held his superior cavalry with my superior chariots (0-2). Odd camera angle, but it was on the right of the edge of the horrid terrain.

Behind, and on Paul's baseline, two charges from average chariots had forced a unit of his cavalry back into his camp, after bouncing off the baseline (instant KaB test) and breaking them (2-2) and then piled into the camp. (4-2) This causes 'Kill A Base' tests on his whole army, which helped break that unit of superior cavalry in the centre (6-2).

See, no camp! My superiors piled into Paul's cavalry, just outside the nastiness,but also part of his unit was in the nastiness too, not good!
To the rear, my four of superiors is turning, and my averages are coming back from a diversion to the right. Notice Paul has blown away my skilled bows in the rough, (6-4) and was about to obliterate my foot to the left of the rough ground too as I had stupidly left a flank exposed (6-6).

Flank charges were set up in the rear at the top, he who blinked first was going to lose. Except Paul missed, oops!
I had broken Paul's cavalry lurking in the rough (8-6), while I had caught another unit of flexible cavalry in the rough, in the back, while still in skirmish. Not good terrain for chariots, but when your opponent has his back to you, and has not formed up, it's not that bad, really. Paul is trying to flank my chariots to the right of the rough, but that also left him dangerously exposed to my returning chariots from the far right flank.
Paul has set up another rear charge on my infantry too, this was going to hurt! 

And my infantry survived! No idea how.  I broke his skirmishers (top). (10-6) and then my skilled superior chariots got a pair of black dice (double downgraded, not second ranked, in bad terrain, shooting at unprotected) and got the wound I needed to break Paul's cavalry (lower). (15-8).

Cracking game, and really made both of us think. Paul has rewritten his list since, and tweaked for even better shooting and fighting, to be trialed against Mark in a few weeks. Mine won't be changing as it is locked in, ready for Warfare.
Looking at the time stamps on these photos, we started at 7.30, and we were finished by 9!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25