Skip to main content

MeG 10mm Senguko Civil War

Mark had asked to play against my Senguko Samurai on Thursday, so who was I to disappoint him!
Yes, it's that exact same list that has done me so well.
Mark had bought his army a couple of years ago at Warfare from Kallister, so his were technically 12mm, but my 10mm Pendraken Samurai were ready for him! His are only just started, and not based yet, so don't complain...

Very dense mountains with open flanks, like either army cares about terrain being loose or flexible.
Minstrels were Marks choice, and bloody tasty too.

Better shot of the table, and chocolate. I outscouted Mark by 10% (one card each).

Deployment, cavalry hold off against each other, as any shooting will be yellow dice and lethal!
Mark has brought pirate allies on his left, and my Senguko internal allied on my right.

I push forwards with my allies, while my bows, in inevitable ambush, spring from the woods and head for the village.

It's not a subtle game this civil war stuff, as by turn 3 both armies hammer into each other. My average spears are making a mess of Mark's bows on the end of the line as my bows draw swords and greedily eye up his flank.
However, my superior allied spears are looking fragile.

Mark speed deals the next turn.

My  bows pile in, but don't actually manage to get a break and on the left, my average spears in an 8 holds up 12 normal spears, my superiors are in big trouble against the superior spears of Mark's forces.

Mutual breaks! (2-4) not going according to plan, especially as I failed to break Mark on the charge and that follow up allows him to escape.

On the other flank, Mark two nines of front rank superior pirates rear ranks average scum come into my superior bows, superior spears and average spears. My average spears in a 6 suffer, but superior spears and superior melee experts soon year through the crunchy outer layer to the smooth, chewy, underside.

On the right, battered spears fight battered spears, while my bows pick on an average spears unit.
A rare mutual break lower, and my bows pick up their second unit of the night. (4-6)

Cavalry engage each other, but Mark suffers on the way in from yellow dice shooting.

My other cavalry unit, redeployed as Mark was being too cautious with his cavalry (only because I had superior spears in the area too), crash into a 6 spear unit that was flanking my 6 stands of average spears. My spears survived the charge and turned to face, but because Mark's general was fighting, he did not have the cards to react.

Not the sort of side you see very often, superior, melee experts in the flank, plus 4 (red and white), with two overlaps on plus 3 (red), sweeeet! That was enough to smash the spears, my spears died where they stood. (8-8)

Mark's pirates fall victim to the superior long spears and superior melee experts of my two units, as once his tough outer layer goes, those allies are just so much stodge. (15-8)

Civil Wars are always tough games, but quick. We finished by 9.30. The Minstrels lasted longer than the game! Mark learnt that you don't put your superior powerbow unsupported on a flank, but my average bows were awesome.
Top game, huge laughs.
Next week, Mark will be running over me with medieval French lancers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

Aliens - more eggs, equipments.

+++Further transmissions received+++ Final set of bits from Assests and Hazards for Aliens, including four eggs. Eight more cases. Top view Three more terminals Classic beige Couldn't help myself - electric dreams!   +++Transmition received+++ What weird eggs are these? And one is already open, which means... Hold on, I'll just check the database... Errr, guys... There's a lot of blips... Another twelve of them! I've got them on monitor... They've breached the wall... They're coming this way! We can't stop them! +++Transmition ends+++   Four more crates. Because...   A few extra bits of usefullness to run the game next week. The stuff of nightmares, a pair of facehuggers! Really nasty idea Leaping to capture new victims Eeep! A pair of high tech computer terminals Living in electric dreams... Sure my Uni had these as high tech in t

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25