Skip to main content

15mm Cathars for Roger

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
Hopefully not, I spent ages on these!
Roger contacted me and asked me to paint southern French MeG army. He then dropped that they would be the Albigensian Crusade (otherwise known as the Cather Crusade), and then I started to research, this is a lot of fun! 
For those of us who love a conspiracy theory, you might remember this screamer!

Roger has sent me some shots of the army fully based up.
They look gorgeous!

Knights, sergents and generals Back rank Foix with Catalonia, Front rank Beziers, Toulouse and Comminges






The foot contingents




The full force, 10 TuGs and 1 SuG, there are also two units of peasants that are amazing that Roger painted previously.





Batch 5, the knights and generals are all done, which finishes the army.

Enjoy, as I've enjoyed painting them.

The whole batch, the deserter at the top I managed to break the ankles of the horse at the last second, so spent today repairing, pinning and modelling new ankles.

'Eavy metal ready to charge!

Not too bad a job on the ankles


Can you see where he deserted from?

 Rear view

Next set



Another wave


Oops, I have edged that flag since I took this...

Nice

Comminges and Beziers command

Like these, tw end princesses inspired by Bill & Ted's most chaste princesses (dude).

 Count of Toulouse and Foix.

Next project will be mounted, but different!

Batch 4, remaining Sergeants, Jinettes and a few more knights

Jinettes, hired from the close ally of the Cathars, the King of Aragon, all shields are based on Spanish cities and towns in the area of Aragon so, back rank, L:R Jaca, Ainsa, Benasque, Calaceite, Zaragosa, Aragon, Front line L:R Teruel Huesca, Jaca, Zaragosa, Aragon, and Calaceite



Knights (Foix, Toulouse, Comminges and Beziers)



Bezier Sergeants

It was at this point I started to notice the colour bleed on the standards.

Foix


 Comminges


Toulouse

After I noticed the bleed!

 The latest batch from above

Face on batch


Batch three, first set of Sergeants and a few knights.

Okay, added flags, much better.
Beziers

Foix


Comminges


Toulouse


Knights


 Think they need flags

Formed up

Side view, knights closets

Toulouse sergeants


Beziers sergeants with a comrade from Montsegure and Minerve

Shields in detail.

Foix




Comminges with Astrac


Knights of the four main houses.




Second batch is done, crossbowmen, one unit is Toulouse based, the other is a mercanary unit

The whole batch


Top view, as most wargamers will get to see them I guess!

Toulouse/Foix in 'house colours', with a few others added.

Genoese,
partly inspired by this image of Genoese Crossbowmen:
Close as I'll get to Genoes:

Anyway, the biggest batch are foot sergents, so after a look at Roger's army list and then a google of notable characters involved in the actions, here are the first three TuGs:


Foix with Montsegure and Minerve


Toulouse, with a little help from Astarac, Beziers Bearn, and Alberet 



Comminges with Beziers, Montsegure, Termes and Tencevel 


The whole gang before the flagging.

Then I decided they needed flags.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

15mm By The Fire and Sword Transylvanians commission.

Principality of Transylvania ( those ones , not those ones , get your mind out the gutter). Batch 4:- Ten more bases of Transylvanians (so thirty figures) for Manny, this time Comitatus or heavy household troops. Heavy lancers. A lot more colourful than the light horse. As ever, Manny will do his own basing and add flags later. Lots of cloaks Quite a sizable force Batch 3: 30 extra Transylvanian light horse for Manny Not as bright as others, but these are lower order troops. Advance Lots of hairy cavalry As ever, Manny will base these himself. That way lads! Player's eye view At the trot The force, so far (there's still have a bag of blisters to do) Batch 2: As ever, Manny will add the flags and his own basing at his leisure. 12 bases of household levy lancers (36 figures, not sure how many units that equates to) for the 15mm Transylvanians. Only realised whe

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25